- The Game
December State of Development
The last couple of months have been a whirlwind of activity for The Origins of Malu team. So, where to start? First, let's talk about the appearance of lack of noise. We may have seemed to fall off the grid from time to time but our commitment is to our community. We are a small team and when push comes to shove, we focus on the development of the gameplay and the world, over updating the website with new content. As we get closer to release, this will change but for now we want to be open and honest and set proper expectations for our team and all those involved.
Development Milestones to Date
- The Toljon male and The Jolah female have been added into the fray and we are happy to see them come together.
- A.I. is high priority; we are working on intelligent subsets of our creatures to ensure we can provide a dynamic interesting fight that changes everytime.
- We have a new dynamic spawner complete; this will serve both to help regulate our npc's and also randomly diversify them, remember there are no zones in Origins of Malu.
- Beta Announcement is coming during the week of December (24th - 29th, 2012), we will announce this before the year is over!
- The creatures for release have been complete and are in final animation stages; a full list will be coming soon to our bestiary as we get time to update the page on our site.
- We have completed our upgrade of our core engine to a newer version of Bigworld, another set back, but this has been worth it and from some of our new screenshots I am sure you will agree. We are starting to approach the AAA quality level and we will keep pushing hard to get them as close as we can.
- We are working hard on our teaser trailer for Beta. We have some notable voice actors working with us. It will be a story based teaser trailer. I will be honest in saying that the last one we put out was not up to par.
- Itemization is coming together nicely. Remember, this is going to be a skill based game so items will affect your strength but not as much as your typical theme park MMO. Our commitment to focusing on skill based play remains strong and we will make sure to continue to focus on it.
Preview of some of the Environments of Malu
We have worked hard to create different environment types for Malu. The planet (one of planets) diversity is important to us and we believe it will be important to you.
The rolling plains of Malu have scattered bodies of water with Easter eggs spread around them. There are many cave entrances going to unknown place; it would be wise to take care exploring them because with great reward comes great risk. The plains will be one of easier spots to build your house.
The Deep Forests
Towards the base of the mountains, there are the deep forests of Malu. Flora is very thick there and these are areas filled with unknown creatures and secrets better left alone.
The mountains of Malu are where the Jolah have taken refuge from the Mallatossi. The Jolah village is located within the mountain which is the only truly neutral area in Malu.
The Tree of Walkers (Portal Areas)
Powered by an unknown force, the Tree of Walkers is a special tree that is a very rare tree but it's unique properties allow transport across Malu.
The Waste Lands
In the center of Malu lies the barren Wastelands and located deep within the wastes is a strange energy device lying dormant for unknown reasons.
When the Qulinta made there way from the planet Qulin, they found their home in the Swamps of Malu.
With the Beta on its way and a hard release date looming, we will continue to do our best to keep the community updated on our progress. Our development team has committed to weekly updates and we plan to host a online vent session to chat with our community to make sure their voices are heard early to ensure we make the best game we can. We are working as hard as we can and we want to share so much more with our community, however, we are all feeling the pressure of time. We do promise to remain steadfast and diligent to ensure we bring a quality game to our community.
The Origins of Malu Team